22 Apr The Benefits Of Corrective Exercises
Whether you are struggling with acute pain, chronic pain, or if you are hoping to maintain an active and pain-free lifestyle, exercise should be an important and regular part of your daily life. However, all exercise is not created equal. There are times that our exercise routines can actually be detrimental to us. One reason for this may be an imbalance in the way our muscles are firing or working, and to continue exercising with this imbalance will not allow you to move forward on the path to health. When your goal is to move forward- this is where corrective exercise comes in.
What Are Corrective Exercises?
Corrective exercise is an exercise technique and one that is different from other regular exercise programs. Typically, developing corrective exercise programs begins with a detailed analysis of the physical arrangement of the body. This full analysis will help to determine any imbalances or deficits that could be affecting an individual’s performance and quality of life.
After this analysis is concluded, a very specific corrective exercise and flexibility program are developed to help correct the body’s structure and bring it back to its normal state. Corrective exercises are constructed to make positive changes in the way a body moves and they focus on the underlying cause of the pain. After all, the best way to eliminate pain is by eliminating the root cause and any consequences that have followed. Sometimes the musculature is the cause and sometimes it is a consequence of the root cause. The correction is very important because this will have a tremendous effect on the overall function of the body.
Positive Aspects Of Corrective Exercises
- Flexible and convenient. Once you understand and learn the moves, you can perform them whenever and wherever it is convenient for you.
- Help reduce pain.When executed on a regular basis, corrective exercises can provide relief for numerous types of pain, such as sciatica, joint, back and neck pain.
- Injury prevention. Corrective exercises not only improve the outcome of the injury but will also minimize recurrence.
- Increase your self-reliance Corrective exercises can ensure that you play an active role in your care and improve your ability to perform daily life activities.
Benefits Of Corrective Exercises
- Correct or improve improper posture. Corrective exercises can be used to aid improved neuromuscular control and movement patterns which leads to wonderful improvements in posture.
- Increased strength, flexibility, and endurance.Corrective exercises and stretches will also help develop and strengthen key muscles in the body as well as help with flexibility and endurance issues.
- Facilitates increased blood flow and circulation. Better circulation will promote tissue healing, reduced swelling, and reduced pain.
Improved feeling of overall well-being. Exercise can even have a positive impact on the individual’s perceiving a positive sense of wellness and well-being.
In Summary, Corrective Exercises can decrease pain, improve posture, decrease susceptibility to other injuries, reduce stress, and improve daily living. The main objective of corrective exercises is to restore balance in the body.
If you embark on a corrective exercise program at our Miami clinic, it starts with a thorough assessment of your flexibility and your muscle activation patterns. This first session lasts for one hour and you will leave having a far greater understanding of your body posture and alignment, as well as the single most important stretch or muscle activation that your body needs to function optimally.
If you are interested in learning more about Corrective Exercises, I encourage you to schedule an appointment with one of our trusted practitioners at Miami wellness center. We offer many holistic treatments such as Decompression Therapy, Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Neurofeedback, Psychology, Reiki, Nutrition, Massage, and Rolfing. If you need some help figuring out what service is right for you, please fill out the form on this page and one of our scheduling specialists will call you back to help guide you in the right direction. Our Wellness Center combined with Exclusive Nerve and Disc center in Miami Florida specializes in restoring your health!